Following are the steps for IMCE Integration with CK Editor in Drupal 6
1. Download the CKeditor module from http://drupal.org/project/ckeditor and imce module from http://drupal.org/project/imce .
2. Unzip the files in the sites/all/modules directory .
3. Download CKEditor from http://ckeditor.com/download. Unzip the contents of the ckeditor directory in the sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor directory.
4. Enable the modules as usual from Drupal's admin pages.
5. Grant permissions for use of CKEditor in "Administer > User Management > Permissions"
6. Under "Administer > Site configuration > CKEditor", adjust the ckeditor profiles. In each profile you can choose which textareas will be replaced by CKEditor, select default toolbar and configure some more advanced settings.
7. Go to http://ckfinder.com/download and download CKfinder.
8. Extract the downloaded file ckfinder and put it in Ckeditor folder (sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckfinder) .
9. Open config.php in the ckfinder folder and comment out the CheckAuthentication() function.
// WARNING : DO NOT simply return "true". By doing so, you are allowing
// "anyone" to upload and list the files in your server. You must implement
// some kind of session validation here. Even something very simple as...
// return isset($_SESSION['IsAuthorized']) && $_SESSION['IsAuthorized'];
// ... where $_SESSION['IsAuthorized'] is set to "true" as soon as the
// user logs in your system.
// To be able to use session variables don't forget to add session_start().
10. Add this code :
straight below the following line:
$baseUrl = '/ckfinder/userfiles/';
11. Locate file named settings.php inside your drupal directory (usually sites/default/settings.php) and set $cookie_domain variable to your domain name.
$cookie_domain = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
12. In the administer->site configuration ->ckeditor, edit the profile you are using.
In the file browser setting,
Select CKFinder from the dropdown in File browser type (Link dialog).
Select IMCE from the dropdown in File browser type (Image dialog).
Select IMCE from the dropdown in File browser type (Flash dialog).
Save the configuration.
13. Go to create content ->page, try to upload a image using the ckeditor, it should work.